View all Blackburn
About Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn Rovers Football Club was formed in 1875, and has the distinction, along with Everton and Aston Villa, of being a founder member of the Football League in 1888 and the Premier League in 1992. The club's first playing surface was a field where cattle grazed, with a watering hole in the middle filled in with timber and turf prior to playing a match. After a couple of moves, the club settled into their permanent home, Ewood Park, in 1890. The Blackburn Rovers playing kit has remained largely unchanged throughout the years. The early kits were in white, then navy and white halved shirts, white shorts and navy socks from around 1894. The halved shirts were considered to be 'quartered' at the time, but this referred to the four panels, front and back. The only changes since then have been the reversals of the two shirt halves at times. The current club badge bears the motto 'Arte Et Labore'ÃÂÃÂ, which means 'by skill and by labour'ÃÂÃÂ and is also the Blackburn town motto. Blackburn Rovers memorabilia is very collectable. From signed shirts and photographs to old match programmes, team lists and old tickets; supporters can often acquire keepsakes at a reasonable cost. Often very rare items become available, and old enamelled club badges appeal to supporters and badge collectors alike. Match worn kit is sometimes available, together with items of training wear. Club merchandise includes giftware in the club blue and white colours or displaying the club badge.