About Glasgow Rangers
Glasgow Rangers FC played their first competitive match against Callander in 1872, as Argyle Football Club. The Scottish Football League came into being in 1890, with Glasgow Rangers one of the founder members, playing at various grounds between 1872 and 1899 before moving into Ibrox Stadium.
Glasgow Rangers played in a light blue shirt for most of the first forty-eight years. The traditional royal blue shirt has been worn since 1921, together with white shorts. Club socks were originally blue and white hoops, before black or black with red tops were adopted. Red socks with white tops have also been worn 1968-1973, and during the turbulent 2012-2013 season. The club away kit has changed frequently, but is always in various combinations of red, blue, black and white. The club crest on playing shirts is of intertwined, ornate 'RFC'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ with five stars above, each star representing ten titles won by Rangers.
Club merchandise features the lion rampant surrounded by 'Rangers Football Club'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ and the motto: 'Ready'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ. Club memorabilia is highly collectable, and includes signed shirts and old photographs, 'retro' shirts, match day programmes, tickets and enamelled badges. Supporters of Glasgow Rangers have a wide choice of club merchandise to choose from. A wide range of gifts bearing the club badge and colours are often available online, including pin badges, personalised mugs, pen sets, club ties, notepads, pencil cases, mobile and tablet cases, boot bags and soft toys. Clothing items include polo shirts, jackets, replica shirts and the ultimate in sleepwear, the 'onesie'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ.