About Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest came into existence as Nottingham Forest Football and Bandy Club in 1865, joining the Football Alliance in 1889 and gaining promotion to the Football League in 1892. The club first played at the Forest Recreation Ground, and it is through this connection that the name Nottingham Forest was coined not, as is often thought, from nearby Sherwood Forest. After several ground moves the club settled into the City Ground in 1898.
Nottingham Forest has played in red shirts since 1865, and the colour was decreed at the time to be 'Garibaldi red', to acknowledge the Italian patriot, Giuseppe Garibaldi, who was the leader of the redshirts party. The club were the first in the UK to officially adopt red as their team colour, and in 1886, when Arsenal Football Club was formed; Nottingham Forest sent them a set of red shirts.
Nottingham Forest memorabilia includes signed shirts and photographs of current and former players, and also of their most famous manager, Brian Clough. Old match day programmes, team sheets and tickets are collector's items, especially those of the Clough era. Pin badges are very popular and come in many designs and shapes. Rare enamelled badges bearing the club name and badge are sought after by supporters and badge collectors alike.
Match worn shirts are sometimes available, together with training kit. Replica home and away shirts are worn by supporters as leisure wear, as well as for matches, together with club scarves and hats. Club merchandise includes polo shirts, jackets and gift items, such as key fobs and car stickers.