Very happy with tomtom go 1000, have only had it 4 days, and love it. below are some good and bad points.
* the magnect power cable and window monut make putting and removing the go 1000 from windscreen a joy, i would mess around for a minute every time with my older tomtom xl, it had the circle mount, nightmare.
* great big bright screen.
* Super quick planing time, must have a good processer.
* nice and loud, i drive a Vauxhal Vivaro and can clearly hear the go 1000, at volume setting 70%, while on the motoway.
* bluetooth phone connection, links in secounds, the auto answer is a nice touch, i have mine set to 3 secounds so i could cancel the call if need be.
*screen is not as reactive as i would expsect, you go to press Z and tomtom sees A,S,or D?
*this morning tomtom live took 3hours of off and on use to find a Live signel, but i think the UK had Vodaphone network problems and i belive the sim card inside the tomtom go 1000 is vodaphone.
* tomtom are not surporting the go 1000 fully yet, with no new maps, or map corrections, yet.
* still having to plug into my PC for sending map correction and when released downloading map corrections, would have thought with the sim inside the tomtom 1000 could download/upload automate from the road, with only map updates needing a pc plug in.
* also wi-fi inside would have been nice, because the new magnect power/data plug is still needed to plug the go 1000 into my pc, if there had just sqweesed a wi-fi chip inside i would not keep having to un route the special cable from my van when i want to download/upload maps ect.
* due to the wonderful magnectic power cable there is no more mini usb surported and to buy another go 1000 cable, so i can keep one in house is exspensive at £15 a cable!
10 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Will be better - eventually - maybe?
With MyTomTom unfinished and still being beta tested by TomTom's customers without any form of payment in return this satnav is possibly the worst available currently. I cannot see how it is possible for Tomtom to carry on selling this to the public, its clearly flawed and unfinished, Trading Standards should get it withdrawn from sale immediately and those who have bought it should be able to request a full refund.
MyTomTom for the unknowing is the new way to update your TomTom, its web based and it doesn't work. The "latest map guarantee" has only just become available, and that's after this has been on sale for almost a year. Different voices and back up isn't yet available with no date for it becoming so.
Third party POIs have apparently become uploadable, but I uploaded a set to my 1000 and was about to upload another set but the device pronounced itself full and to delete some other POIs, which I cannot, there is no way of doing theis, and no, it doesn't show up as a "drive" in Windows.
I've no doubt once TomTom sort their lives out and get fully working software out to its annoyed customers that it will be a device worth having, but for now, I'd look elsewhere.
11 of 14 people found this review helpful.
1ST CLASS PRODUCT
I'VE HAD A CHEAP SAT NAV FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND AS WE ARE GOING TO FRANCE NEXT WEEK I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT TIME I TREATED MYSELF TO A NEW ONE. I DID ALL THE RESERCH AND DECIDED THAT THE TOMTOM LIVE WAS THE WAY TO GO. SO GLAD I DID. THE 1000 HAS THE ADDED ADVANTAGE OF THE QUICK RELEASE MAGNET WHICH IS HANDY. THE ON SCREEN LAY OUT IS VERY GOOD, TOO MANY TIMES HAVE I GOT IN THE WRONG LANE ON THE MOTORWAY WITH MY OLD ONE, WITH THE TOMTOM IT SHOWS YOU EXACTLY WHICH LANE TO BE IN WITH AN ARROW. THE LIVE VERSION, THOUGH IT HAS AN ADDED COST EACH YEAR, WILL BE A GREAT HELP TO ME AS I TRAVEL UP AND DOWN THE M6 CAR PARK ON A REGULAR BASIS. NO MORE SITTING IN TRAFFIC.. YOU CAN ALSO MAKE YOUR PHONE CALLS THROUGH IT. WHEN YOU CONNECT YOUR PHONE BY BLUE TOOTH IT COPPIES ALL YOUR PHONE BOOK SO NO MESSING ABOUT STORING THEM. ITS DEAD EASY TO USE. IF YOU ARE IN TWO MINDS WEATHER TO SPEND THE LITTLE EXTRA TO GET A BIG NAME SAT NAV, MY ADVISE WOULD BE GO FOR IT HOW OFTEN DO YOU ACTUALLY BUY ONE? EVERY 5 OR 6 YEARS? HOW MUCH DOES THAT WORK OUT AT?
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
expensive toy, but if u can afford it, why not?
| Yes, I would recommend this product to a friend.
i had the one v 3 before. a much simpler unit and less steps to find a function. I do love this go live and live function looks very handy altho not had to use it yet. The only thing with both tomtoms, is sometimes they get a bit lost especially around alot of tall buildings, shoreditch in london is particulalry mental with all the roundabouts etc. i would like tomtom to speed up calculation of directions sometimes. one thing i do like is that its quicker than my one to recalculate directions if u miss a turn. Alot of money to pay but i got mine £100 cheaper on Ebay! i guess you dont really need the more expensive models when under £100 ones will do, but hey, what the heck! oh yeah, the only thing im not sure about is when typing in letters, u have to get ur finger spot on the letter, which will take practise, my one v3 was much better for that.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Itz AWESOME DUDE!! HI FIVE! lol
| Yes, I would recommend this product to a friend.
|Ease of Use|
This tomtom go live 1000 is top spec, highly advisable, and underrated, before i purchased this i read on reviews that this satnav was hard to use with complicated menu's, it supposedly was big and hard to carry when realy its thinner than the tomtom golive 550, also it warns you of traffic on roads, theres online google search. if anyone is interested in going for this model then i would advise to do so, the back has a metal plate which clicks onto the car mount with ease. it switchs on in less than 10 seconds, superb! also it has one year free online services which has IQ routes and HD TRAFFICK.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.