New Year's Eve is such a fun holiday, but it isn't always kid-friendly. Staying up until midnight doesn't exactly work for the little ones, but there is still plenty of fun to be had well before that ball drops. Make New Year's Eve the BEST holiday for your kids with these 25 fun ideas!
Do a Craft
Play Some Games
- Board games
- Pop a balloon every hour to count down
- Create a scavenger hunt
- Plan a murder mystery game for older kids
- "What was your favourite this year?" game
Have Fun Party Food
- Have cupcakes topped with sparklers
- Take pretzel dough and shape the year out of it and bake it
- Make a countdown clock out of numbered cookies
- Make fancy mocktail drinks and serve them in champagne glasses
- Have a hot chocolate bar
- Serve milk and cookies
- To make your milk and cookies extra special, grab champagne glasses, and fill them with milk and top with an oversized cookie for each kid.
The best thing to remember is to make it fun for the kids, and don't put a lot of pressure to stay up until midnight. With these ideas, the kids will have fun no matter what.