Below is a comprehensive list of the 50 most essential tools and workwear items for the modern day tiler, brought to you buy BuyBrandTools
1. Various Manual Tile Cutters
for different purposes e.g. Rubi TS Plus for small/medium sized ceramic tiles and Rubi TX for larger porcelain tiles.
2. Electric Tile Cutter / Wet-saw
– For more complex cuts and softer materials such as marble.
3. 6mm, 8mm and 10mm Scoring Wheels
4. Punching Tool
– Ideal for making cuts in glazed ceramic tiles.
5. Good quality Diamond Blade
for the Wet-saw.
6. Ceramic Block – For cleaning of diamond blades.
7. Tile Cutter Maintenance Kit
– Helps to increase the lifespan of tile cutters and helps to maintain their effectiveness.
8. 6mm, 8mm and 10mm Notched Trowels
9. Bucket Trowel
– Ideal for removing adhesive and grout from buckets.
10. Brick Trowel
11. Tilers Washboy
– Saves time and gives a great finish.
13. Grout Float
14. Mortar Mixer
15. Tile Nippers
16. Tile Spacers + Tile Wedges
– Ideal for setting out tiles.
17. Profile Gauge – Helps to mark awkward cuts.
18. Adjustable Angle Marker – Easily measures for irregular cuts.
19. Tile File
20. Tile Saw
21. Tile Removing Chisel
22. Tile Lifter
23. Stanley Knife
24. Tile Drilling Kit
– e.g. Rubi, Armeg or 365 Drills.
25. Spirit Levels
26. Screeding Levels
27. Self-levelling Laser Level
28. Tripod / Pole
– For self-levelling laser level.
29. Leica Disto
– Fast and precise measurement of distance, length, area and volume at the touch of a button.
30. Fein Multimaster
– Multi-purpose renovation tool.
31. Fein Multimaster Blades
32. Chalk Line
33. Cordless Drill
34. Pipe and Cable Detector
35. Scraper – For uneven walls
36. Work Table – To support the tile cutter at a more comfortable height.
37. Batten Stands – For supporting battens.
38. Sealant Gun – Applies sealant.
39. Silicon Remover
40. Eye Protection
– Prevents eye damage.
41. Latex Gloves – Protects hands while grouting.
42. Safety Boots
– Steel toe capped boots, a legal requirement when working on site.
43. Knee Pads
– Ideal when spending long periods of time on the floor.
44. Work Trousers
45. Tool Bag – Ideal for carrying tools.
46. Dust Sheet
47. Dustpan and Brush – Ideal for cleaning up.
48. Gorilla Tubs – Ideal for mixing or transporting waste.
49. Crayons – A must for marking tiles.
I hope many tilers will find this list useful and pass it onto others.