If there is one thing everybody hates its paying to much for shipping.
So what can You do when a seller ask You to pay a unusual high shipping amount ?
1. go to a search engine and look for the official postal website of the sellers country.
look for the prices and compare it what the seller is asking.
confront the seller with the differents and send him/her the link of the website were the real prices are stated.
2. Ask the seller if You have to pay for handeling
3. If You buy more then 1 item, ask also if combined shipping is possible.
4. check feetback of seller to see if there is any complaints about shipping (believe me, if there is a problem it will be stated in the feetback)
5. costums tax can be high, ask the sellers if they can mark the items as gift and value under 200 $. Sometimes it helps to avoid paying duty.
my experience in Spain , when receiving goods from outside the EU and shipping is with courrier (DHL,UPS,FEDEX,..) I ALWAYS PAY TAX.
when using the normal post of origin its 90% clear of tax.
Also when You have to collect Your item from the customs offices or airports, always bring a printed copy of Ebay. It can be usefull when You proof its for personal use.
6. If a pakkage arrived badly dammaged before opening try to take a digital photo of it, so You can send the pic to the seller for proof.
7. if You don't receive Your item after 10 days, ask the seller to send proof of shipping, do not accept any excuses.
8. if there is an option for insurrance, its always good to take it (the normal cost is 1% of total amount to pay extra)
NOTE FOR SHIPPING YOUR ITEMS PAID BY PAYPAL.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER OF THE ITEMS YOU SEND !!!
BUYERS WHO ARE NOT PAYPAL VERIFIED YET AND CLAIM THERE MONEY BACK, THE ONLY THING PAYPAL WILL ASK YOU IS THE TRACKING NUMBER (REGISTERED ITEMS SEND DO NOT COUNT !!!)
it happend to me, i send a small pakkage registered to a client and had a chargeback from Paypal because i diden't had a tracking number to proof it. positive feetback was received from buyer . i lost the case anyway.