Buying 925 Sterling Silver Jewellery

Views 9 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this guide is helpful

I occasionally do searches to see what is selling on eBay and am absolutely gob-smacked by the masses of cheap silver plated & filled items around. 

If you're after some budget throwaway jewellery then these type of pieces would be ideal.  However, if you want something that is going to last and in the long run go up in value (siver material alone went up by 30% 2006/7) then take a look at my range

So, what is Sterling Silver and how can I be certain that I am getting Sterling Silver? 

For an item to be Sterling Silver, it must be composed of 92.5% pure Silver. The remaining 7.5% is made from a non allergen such as copper to provide the necessary strength to the piece. Jewellery items can be stamped "Sterling Silver" or "925", the international symbol for Sterling Silver.

Regards,

 

Paul.

Silver Nomad's Shop

Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides