I bought a PDA type mobile for my business as I could keep tabs on jobs done and time spent etc.
The phone arrived and was exactly as described and worked 100% - for 4 months!!!!!
I tried using the phone one day and I could get no signal at all. I tried various sim cards but could get no signal with them either.
After trying my sim in another phone I got a signal. So I took the phone to the local Orange shop and they checked the phone out.
After looking at me with some suspicion ( I was in my scruffy work clothes) he told me that the phone had been blocked from the networks as it
had been reported stolen by the account holder.
I informed the Orange salesman that I had purchased the phone from eBay 4 months earlier and proved it by recalling the last dialled numbers etc. He would have called the police but for me showing him this information!
I was then informed that a lot of contract customers across all mobile networks are using the same scam............
They get a free upgrade to the latest phone - they carry on using their old phone - they sell the new upgrade for a few hundred pounds - they wait for 3 to 4 months then report the phone lost or stolen - the phone gets blocked - they get a new phone - and so starts the dodgy circle again.
HOW TO GET YOUR OWN BACK..................
1. DEMAND A FULL REFUND INCLUDING POSTAGE COSTS
2. INFORM THE POLICE - THIS IS INSURANCE FRAUD!
3. IF NO REFUND START COURT PROCEEDINGS - It only costs £30 and can be done online in minutes and you can claim your costs back also.
4. REPORT THIS TO EBAY/PAYPAL (But they probably won't care as they have had their cut from the auction anyway!)
5. INFORM THE PHONE NETWORK THAT THE PHONE WAS ON AND GIVE THE IMEI NUMBER TO THE POLICE.
Usually the threat of court proceedings work as this would give the recipient a County Court Judgement against their name.
If this stops one fraud then it will be worth the 10 mins it took to type
any Q's mail me and I may be able to help.