I bought a woman's North Face jacket from ebay last year. I was very dubious about whether or not to buy from ebay, especially given all the fake TNF jackets on here. However, I did my research and bought from ebay.com. I got an excellent price on a jacket, and even with the import tax, I still had a real bargain.
Through researching (on ebay) what to look for when buying TNF, I have drawn up a few tips:
1) If buying new, try to buy from a shop/ store as opposed to an individual.
2) Look at what else they are selling - do they have a variety of TNF goods? They should do if they are an official seller. If they only have 1 type of jacket, in varying sizes, then I would steer clear. Ask yourself why they don't have any other stock!
3) A decent seller will answer your questions - ask questions if you have concerns.
4) When I was reading up on how to spot a fake, the best tip I read was that if the shop/store doesn't sell a variety of outdoor gear, ask yourself why. They should offer a variety of TNF items, plus other brands too.
5) TNF is a top of the range brand - if the price seems unbelievable, the jacket probably is a fake. Don't fall for the 'excess stock', 'ex-catalogue' line! This is rarely the case.
6) My jacket came from a dealer who had written ebay reports on how to spot a fake The North Face jacket. His store had a variety of stock, and they were very helpful.
I hope this helps a little!
Buying a Real North Face jacket
Views 6 Likes Comments Comment
18 July 2008
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides