Buying a Screw or Vane Compressor.
I have 35 years of servicing and repairing these machines - probably working on around 500 different machines a year - so I get to see the good and the bad.
I have some fairly strong views on whats good and whats not and will do my best to give you a few pointers.
1) Always buy a reputable known make - I like Compair or Hydrovane.
2) New is ALWAYS best - Up to 10 year warrantty on Compair / Hydrovane.
3) If buying used buy the newest and best you can afford - there is no such thing as a cheap used industrial compressor - repairs will not be cheap.
4) Try to buy from a reputable dealer, small ones like us tend to give beter service.
5) The big dealers need big business and give out big invoices - be careful.
6) Be realistic about what you want and what you are going to pay.
7) Buy with a warrantty and things should be ok.
Finally a cheap, tired old machine for a few hundred pounds will be a nightmare and will drive you to desperation when you try to get it repaired.
Why is it that peple who buy old cheap machines expect to run them 24 hours a day.
There are basically 3 things to remember -
A) New is best.
B) Used but with warrantty should be ok.
C) Tired and cheap will me a nightmare.
Give me a call on 07904 - 471183 and I will try to help you.