So, you have decided to buy an Aibo. How do you buy one without being scammed? Afterall Aibos are quite a large purchase. Follow these steps and you will have done everything in your power to make a safe purchase.
- If an offer looks too good to be true, it is. Be wary.
- Look at their account details, if anything seems out of place, beware.
- Avoid an auctions that dont have a picture of their Aibo or a stock photo copy/pasted off another web site.
- Ask for a photo of their Aibo with a piece of paper that has your details on it. This proves that they actually have an Aibo for sale. If they say they dont have a camera, walk away as if they can afford an Aibo, they can afford a camera.
- Ask if you can pick the Aibo up in person. Again, if they say "no" walk away as they dont have an Aibo and besides would you trust something of that value through the postal system?
- If you are in doubt, ask the opinion of the many Aibo user forums that are on the net.
Now, feel free to browse the auctions....