I have been on ebay for over four years now and I am sick to death with the amount of fake Disney DVDs that are on ebay. I only sell 100% genuine Disney DVDs. If you are buying a Disney DVD, please bare the following in mind:
- if the seller says that it is an import, it means that it is a fake.
- if the seller says 'email me if you are not sure what I am selling', he means that it is a fake.
- if the seller says that it is Region 0/will play on any DVD player, it is a fake.
- if it does not have the Mickey Mouse hologram on the back or the spine, it is a fake.
I would estimate that about 80% - 90% of Disney DVDs on ebay are fake. I am a father and collect Disney DVDs for my young son so I am in the same boat as most of the ebayers that buy Disney DVDs which is why I have taken the time to write this guide.
If you are going to buy a Disney DVD, please make sure that:
- it is Region 2.
- it has the Mickey Mouse hologram on the back or the spine of the DVD case.
- it has the green triangle with a 'U' inside it, on the front cover (normally in the bottom left hand corner).
Finally, check the seller's feedback. This is not a guarentee of buying a geniune Disney DVD as I have seen plenty of sellers that have good feedback despite selling fake DVDs. However, it may highlight some questionable sellers.
All the best.