Caring for your bra
The bra is intricately constructed to support and often uses delicate or specialist fabrics. Taking care of your bra will ensure it keeps its shape and structure longer.
- Hand wash only - Use cool water and a detergent designed for delicates. Avoid fabric softner. Drip dry, do not wring out (delicate and synthetic fabrics tend to dry quite quickly).
- Do not dry clean - To avoid the Lycra degrading.
- Do not bleach - This will damage the delicate fabrics and affect the colours.
- Do not iron - Ironing will ruin the embroideries and lace.
- Do not tumble dry - Tumble drying causes damage to the delicate laces, embroideries, Lycra and other fine materials.
Manufacturers normally recommend that you hand wash a bra as a machine can cause damage. We’d advise that you follow the manufacturer’s care instructions to avoid:
- the underwire coming loose and damaging your washing machine
- the foam moulding of a t-shirt bra becoming crumpled
- the fastening damaging stitching or delicates