I thought I'd write this guide on how to clean and restore your silverware. It's really simple.
For Oxidised Silver simply follow these steps:
1. Boil a kettle and get out some Bicarbonate of Soda, Aluminium Foil, a bowl and your silverware.
2. Line the bowl with the foil and add silver.
3. Add the Sodium Bicarbonate (Not too much,a couple of teaspoons max.)
4. Add the boiling water with enough to cover silverware.
5. Leave to sit for about 5 mins, or until water has cooled a bit.
6. Remove Silver and wipe with a cloth (dip back into 'water' to help if not clean.
7. Remove the silver, give a final polish and you are done.
If it doesn't work, it may be that if it is silver plate, it is worn through, and replating sprays can be bought to replate it.The aluminium foil must be new. Repeat if nessecary.
This reaction is not very dangerous, but be careful with the hot water and chemicals and don't eat them etc. I am not responsible for any damage.
Thanks, I hope you found this helpful