Here, in Mr Squimps Shop, are the definitions of the standards we aspire to in describing the quality of our second-hand products:
- M Mint (or Pristine) - in perfect condition, as new as when it was made as a first quality product by a reputable manufacturer
- NM Near Mint (or Excellent) - almost perfect, any imperfection will be extremely minor
- VG Very Good - very careful use, with only minor imperfections
- G Good - moderate use, showing signs of fair wear and tear
- F Fair - signs of being used a lot with obvious imperfections
- P Poor (or Playworn or As Found) - distressed condition, with many faults, suitabe for repair, restoration or reference only
Implied by M and NM - no cracks, chips, damage or repairs
Implied by VG and G - no cracks, chips or damage, but any restoration will be mentioned.
Our photography aims to show any defects so please examine all images carefully.
We find the list of great use for used ceramics and model trains and it may be of use elsewhere, so please copy and refine for your own standards.