EyeSave Tip: Some people consider sunglasses as just another accessory. Others consider them to be a crucial part of their entire outfit. No matter how you see them, sunglasses can add a little attitude to your ensemble, so it's important to find ones that fit correctly. When choosing sunglasses, take your face shape into account to find the most flattering fit.
There are a few different types of face shapes. Look in the mirror to find out your face shape. View your entire face (you may need to pull back your hair); does it look oval, square, round (circular) or triangular?
- If your face is oval, then you're lucky. Almost any frame shape will fit your face.
- If you face is a square shape, you'll want to choose frames that are curved.
- If your face is round, then square, boxy frames will be the most flattering.
- If your face is triangular with a wide forehead and a pointed or narrow chin, choose thin rims to help your forehead appear less broad.
- If your face is an inverted triangle, choose frames that make your forehead seem wider. Cat-eye frames may be perfect for you.