VALUABLE TIPSAlways remove your jewellery BEFORE washing hands, swimming or applying body care products. It should also be taken off before carrying out any sports activities or doing household chores.
Remember to reserve your jewellery as a finishing touch, AFTER using applying body care products like perfume, beauty cream, make up or hair spray.
Try to protect all jewellery from sharp blows, harsh chemicals found in household cleaning materials, sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Chlorine and related chemicals can severely discolour and damage jewellery as well as loosen stones and settings.
Ensure your jewellery does not come into prolonged contact with matches, rubber bands or any materials that contain sulphur, as well as abrasive soaps, chemicals, perfumes, hair sprays and/or dyes.
STORAGEProper care and storage of your loose CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements and finished design pieces will help maintain its quality and lustre.
Please preserve your jewellery in its original padded box or in a velvet pouch. Proper care and storage of your jewellery as well as occasional polishing with a soft cloth will help maintain its lustre and beauty over time.
Please make sure that your jewellery is stored away from intense heat and light.
After cleaning your jewellery, please make sure it is completely dry before being stored.
Silver jewellery that is prone to tarnish is best stored in an airtight container. (Any moisture will cause the tarnishing process to begin.) A zip-lock bag with anti-tarnish paper is also highly recommended.
GENERAL CLEANING OF CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements
CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski ElementsOccasional polishing with a soft lint-free cloth or the CRYSTALLIZED™ Jewellery Polishing Cloth, will help you to retain the original sheen of the crystal elements. If CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements are soiled, they should be cleaned by hand in lukewarm water with a few drops of mild dish detergent or soap with a ph neutral base. Then rinse the crystal elements under running water and afterwards dry them with a soft, lint-free cloth to avoid spotting and lint spoiling the shine. ALWAYS dry your jewellery immediately after cleaning and store it in a dry, cool place until ready to wear to avoid tarnishing.
Under no circumstances should any abrasive or corrosive detergents be used; glass and window-cleaning fl uids and chlorine should also be avoided, as they often cause streaking.
CRYSTALLIZED™ PearlsPearls should only be cleaned with a soft damp cloth or mild soap, after which you should let the pearls dry immediately. Never clean the pearls with solvents like acetone (in nail polish remover) or alcohol (in perfumes, etc). Pearls should also NOT be cleaned with a jewellery cleaner or in a jewellery-cleaning machine. The harsh cleanser can wear away the pearl coating.
DOS & DON’TS• Do use a soft jewellery polishing cloth to prevent tarnish build-up.
• Do remove jewellery before swimming in the ocean and/or a chlorinated pool. (Chlorine may cause discoloration to silver. It will also cause damage to many gemstones and other natural products and may cause them to become loose in their settings.)
• Do remove jewellery before using cleaning materials.
• Do remove jewellery before engaging in exercise and/or sports to prevent scratching, denting or loss of gemstones.
• Do remove jewellery before going to bed to avoid twisting, knotting and/or breakage.
• Do remove jewellery when doing cleaning and/or gardening.
• Don’t allow jewellery to come in prolonged contact with matches, rubber bands or anything that contains sulphur.
• Don’t allow jewellery to come in contact with abrasive soaps, chemicals, perfumes, hair sprays and/or dyes.
• Don’t rub silver jewellery with abrasive cloths and/or cleansers. Silver scratches easily.
• Don’t expose your jewellery to prolonged periods of extreme temperatures or intense sunlight. (i.e. window sills, car dashboards)
• Don’t store jewellery near a heat source.