8 June 2009
Diamond Core Drilling Guide
- Pilot drill the wall first with a 13mm masonary drill.
- Follow through with required size core drill
- Use 850 watt (min) drill fitted with clutch and variable speed. (Not SDS)
- Hammer action must never be used when drilling with diamond core drills.
- Use machine between 900-1300rpm, the harder the brick and larger diameter of the core drill the lower rpm speed should be.
- Make sure the chuck is tight.
- Clear swarf at regular intervals, as a build up will cause the core bit to over heat, extensive clutch wear and possible loss of diamond segments.
- Rotate core bit when entering and leaving a hole.
- Keep machine level.
- Never force the diamond bit, let it do the work, this will ensure long life and reduce the chance of breakage.
- If the bit starts to vibrate, reduce pressure.
Explore more guides