Dior Homme is the menswear division of Christian Dior SA, the French clothing retailer. Dior Homme has been under Hedi Slimane’s creative direction since the 2001/02 Autumn/Winter. Under his direction, Dior Homme has introduced a characteristic slim-fit which has since taken off within the fashion industry. The early collections delved into the exploration of the male sex. The look darkened during the Luster period which was inspired by the electroscene of Berlin. Since 2004 A/W, Dior Homme has delved into exploring the different styles of Rock.
A popular rumor is that Karl Lagerfeld lost about 90 pounds so he would fit into one of Slimanes suits. During the 80s and 90s Dior's menswear line was called Dior Monsieur. Nowadays, Dior Homme is worn by many different people from your average skinny guy to the biggest celebritys. Brad pitt, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Nicole Kidman, Sarah Jessica Parker and David Beckham have all been spotted wearing the clothes.
Due to quarelling over Slimane doing a womens line at Dior, his contract was not renewed. Dior has hired Kris Van Assche, who has already completed the Spring/Summer 2008 show. Many items from past seasons are very collectible. A few of these items include the blood wound shirt, the d point belt, and a few pairs of jeans from 'Strip'.
Collections under Hedi Slimane:
- Autumn/Winter 2001/02 "Solitaire"
- Spring/Summer 2002 "Boys Don't Cry"/"RED"
- Autumn/Winter 2002/03 "Reflection"
- Spring/Summer 2003 "Follow Me"
- Autumn/Winter 2003/04 "Luster"
- Spring/Summer 2004 "Strip"
- Autumn/Winter 2004/05 "Victim of the Crime"
- Spring/Summer 2005 (Dubbed "Beck", yet no official name given.)
- Autumn/Winter 2005/06 "Everybody Just Looks The Same"
- Spring/Summer 2006 "The world was a mess, but his hair was perfect"
- Autumn/Winter 2006/07 “Should I stay or should I go now”
- Spring/Summer 2007
- Autumn/Winter 2007/08