Feedback is a brilliant tool for seeing what a buyer or sellers reputation is like or not as the case may be, but be carefull some buyers are using feedback to near enough blackmail sellers into refunds or replacements for goods they say they have not recieved or even substandard goods or excessive packing and postal charges.
Some sellers have even used the feedback forum to have a winge at sellers and just leave a message of broken recieved items, This behaviour is not accepptable and not aprreciated, the majority of sellers and buyers are reputable and would wish negative feedback to be a last resort and as a power seller myself I find neutral feedback uncomfortable especially when the buyer has never contacted me with the problem and given me chance to put it right.
POINTS TO FOLLOW WHEN GIVING FEEDBACK.
- If you have a problem tell the buyer or seller, communication works 99.9% of the time.
- If you have an unresolved problem remember leaving negative feedback is the last resort, think first you might get a negative feedback come back to you and this would affect your buying selling as well.
- Avoid personal comments, derogatory remarks and please dont let it get personal, the fact that you leave a negative stands out anyway.
- remember that you have the facility to comment on feedback in the feedback forum page so you can explain to others what went wrong!
- Always remember that at the end of the day it may be easyer to avoid leaving negative feedback by leaving a neutral or posotive but you can still be critical about the service or goods you have recieved.
- Last resort - Ebay can remove feedback if it is offensive and also remove your account leaving you with a bitter after tasteand a bill with nothing to show and the loss of enjoyment of using the site.
- Respect others, please leave feedback when you have had good service or fast postage or good communications, this allows others to grow thier brand and bring other buyers to their shops etc.
- BEST ADVICE OF ALL - THINK BEFORE YOU GIVE A NEGATIVE!!!
- ADVICE AS A SELLER IS TO GIVE FEEDBACK WHEN YOUR BUYER GIVES YOU FEEDBACK - This allows you to deal with any problems you might encounter, it gives you piece of mind that the product or service was recieved and helps you avoid the feedback collecters that never leave it for anyone else!
I have found in the past some people use feedback as a weapon, if you encounter any ebayer asking for unreasonable terms or trying to negotiate "Or I will Leave you Bad Feedback" please do not respond, send the email url page to ebay along with a copy of the message, let the service provider Ebay deal with it, it will help your case if you have to apply for feedback to be withdrawn.
MUTUAL WITHDRAWLOF FEEDBACK
tHIS CAN BE USED WHERE YOU HAVE GIVEN NEGATIVE AND RECIEVED NEGATIVE YOU CAN BOTH AGREE TO DISSAGREE AND RATHER THAN DAMAGE EACH OTHER WITH DRAW IT!
Hope you found this helpfull, message to new buyers and bidders from a power seller -
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK - AS A TRUSTED EBAYER WE NEED YOUR VIEWS SHARE IT WITH OTHERS.