There are no international regulations governing flag etiquette, but the following rules have widespread adoption
- The flag should be displayed from sunrise to sunset
- It should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously
- Always use a flag in a dignified manner, it should not touch the ground, or water
- A national flag sould not be displayed in a position inferior to any other flag, when 2 flags are displayed the natonal flag should be to the left of the observer. When 3 flags to the centre. When 4 flags to the left. In a line of 5 or more flags, 2 national flags shuld be used, one at each line end
- The order of flags is as follows - national flag, regional or provincal flag, county or parish flag, civic flag, service flag .