False eyelashes are used extensuvely when applying make up for a fashion photography and cat walk modelling.
TWO MAIN TYPES
* STRIP LASHES
* INDIVIDUAL LASHES
* SHORT NATURAL LASHES
* SPECIAL OCASSIONS
* LOST OWN LASHES - BURNS/ALOPECIA
* VERY BLONDE
* ALLERGY TO TINT
* GLAMOUR LOOK
CONTRA-INDICATION (A reason not to apply)
* EYE INFECTIONS
* LARGE GAPS IN NATURAL LASHES - nothing to adhere to
Semi Permanent lashes produce a more natural effect than strip lashes and can be worn without eye make up. They are applied directly to the persons own lashes. Treated carefully they will stay put for about 3/4 weeks as long as the supporting lash is secure. Some indivdual lashes may last long, this will depend greatly on the adhsive/glue used and your own personal cycle of hair growth. Bascially eyelashes grow and they fall out being replaced usually by a new hair. Semi Permanent lashes are attached to your own lashes so when they fall out so do the Semi Permanent lashes and may be replaced.
You Will Need
- a selection of false lashes
- a piece of foil
- clean tweezers
- mild skin toner
- surgical spirits or barbicide
- cotton buds
- hand mirror
- special eyelash solvent/remover
1. Secure hair off face.
2. Ensure natural lashes are clean and dry
3. Using tweezers remove lashes individually from the pack and arrange on a tissue in the order they are to be used
4. Pour adhesive on to foil
5. Starting in the middle, dip into adhesive
6. Raise the brow and place lash over a natural one without touching the eye lid and hold in place for a few seconds.
7. Do the same to the other eye. (Do one lashe on one eye and then the other until finished you will get a better finish - even)
8. When all the upper lashes have been applied and the adhesive has dried ask the client to open eyes gently.
9. Lower lashes may also be applied.
Do not allow adhesive to come into contact with the lowers lashes when applying upper lashes. There is a number of ways to prevent this happing. The use of surgical tape (micropore) to stick over the lower lashes.
Use special eyelash solvent/remover to remove lashes. Soak cotton bud in solvent and apply to the base of the lashes. Allow the solvent to penetrate for about 10 seconds and the lashes should come away. Repeat again if necessary. Wipe over with a mild skin toner. I prefer one without the use of alcohol.