Recently I was Going on my holidays to Mauritus and decided to kit out with Oakley sunglasses,they cost me $124 on ebay,and they turned out to be fake!!! So i hope my guide helps you to not make the same mistake as me!!!!
- Oakley sunglasses come with pouch/bag , box, documentation. Don't bid if the auction doesn't include any of these.
- Look at the seller's feedback. You should be able to tell if he/she has tried selling fakes before. Don't just look at the percentage, read the comments.
- Be careful if the price is under £50.00, the RRP can be 5 times that so would they be that price if they were real?
- You can buy fakes from Europe; they only cost 4-10 euros. In an auction they only include a bag. Sometimes they have a tag and/or sticker marked oakley. They are fake! Don't buy them. Only buy if they have documentation and box.
- Check the sellers other items. If he/she is selling more than one set, but has low feedback they could have bought a load of fakes and just set up an account. If they have high feedback, or a shop then they are probably trustworthy.
- An obvious one. If in the description he/she claims he/she is selling an old set, but is also selling others then they were probably bought on the cheap!
- Read the description fully, there may be some small print in the auction saying they are not real. This is against eBay's policy.
- Never buy any if it doesn't say anywhere that they are real or Genuine.
Once you have received them
- To be sure it would be best to go to an Oakley dealer.
- If you don't have a local Oakley dealer make sure all documentation is there.
- If they are metal then it is unlikely they will be fake, but don't assume they are real.
- Make sure the sunglasses you bought aren't plastic if they are only made in metal.
- As far as I know the bag is black, but I am told some come in different colours. The bag has a tag with 'Genuine O software' and 'Plutonite lenses should only be cleaned with the provided sunglass bag. Oakley, inc.'
- The tag on the bag would have been stitched on perfectly, no funny angles as if put on at home with a sewing machine.
- It shouldn't fall apart. I've seen fakes where the 'O's fall off and the arms easily come apart.
- Many contain little screws.
When in doubt don't buy. On receiving them get them checked out. If they are fake leave negative feedback to worn others.
THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!!!!!!!!!