Harris Michael's Guide to SAFE Jewelry Shopping on eBay
There is nothing more disheartening for jewelry shoppers or legitimate jewelers than to see people getting "taken" on eBay.
Yes, there are phenomenal bargains to be found here. Yes, there are thousands and thousands of reliable sellers who will treat you absolutely right. Here are some ways to make sure you will have a fun, fool-proof, and fabulous shopping experience here!
In short, it's all about buying from a seller you can trust. If you make sure your chosen seller meets all of them, you will NEVER get "taken" on eBay
Buy only from sellers who:
Are buySAFE bonded. That means they've partnered with Liberty Mutual Insurance to provide a surety bond on your purchase -- which is an iron-clad guarantee (up to $25,000) that you'll get exactly what you ordered. You can search for the term buySAFEwhen you shop (search titles and descriptions).
- Have a feedback rating of 1,000 or above (showing a great track record of selling on eBay. You can screen for feedback ratings in advance search, review the Meet the Seller box in each listing, or click right on a sellers' feedback profile.
- Have a feedback percentage 98% positive or better (showing they are pleasing customers at every turn). View your seller's feedback profile.
- Offer an unconditional money back guarantee return policy of at least 30 days. You can check the items terms/conditions and the seller's About Me page for their policy.
- Don't hide their price by gouging you on shipping charges. It's always best to shop for FREE SHIPPING or a reasonable charge.
- Are concerned citizens, with regular listings that benefit the wider community (through the eBay Giving Works program, powered by MissionFish) -- it's more meaningful to buy from someone who gives back. And as a general rule, crooks aren't so interested in donating! You can filter for eBay Giving Works in Advanced Search, or just look for the ribbon icon in your search results!
If you follow these simple-to-check criteria, you'll ALWAYS be a safe, savvy and 100% satisfied shopper on eBay!
-David Yaskulka, President
Harris Michael, Inc.