How to Use Nail Foils
Nail Foils are simple to use and will make your nails look stunning! From plain and patterned foils to holographic foil designs that will create a more dramatic look.
- Paint your nails with 1-2 coats of your chosen nail polish, ideally the polish colour would be one close to the colour of the foil design being used, this helps mask any inperfections that may occur.
- Paint on a smooth thin and even layer of the foil adhesive to the area you wish to cover with nail foil, notice how the foil adhesive is a blue colour when applied.
- Wait for the foil adhesive to go completely clear and tacky.
- Place matt side of the nail foil over the area you have put foil adhesive on (foil must be shiny side up).
- Rub the nail art foil firmly all over to release it from it from its backing, you must really make sure that you rub thoroughly use a cotton bud, tip of your finger or something similar to get into all the edges.
- Once the design has been thoroughly smoothed over, quickly pull (snap) off the foil to reveal your finished design.
- To seal your design, use 1-2 layers of nail art finishing sealer (finishing sealer does not have the wrinkling effect like allot of top coats, if you wish to use a top coat, make sure it is a basic slow drying top coat and not a quick dry top coat.
- Admire your fabulous foil nail art design.