I have been ebaying for over 3 years now and have 100% feedback. Feedback is important as I personally, when I buy an item check the feedback of the seller. It is important to maintain your feedback. Hence why it is important to keep an accurate and detailed lisitng, so that the buyer cannot turn around and say that the lisiting was innacurate and leave you negative feedback. This guide will show you how to create a cheap and inexpensive attractive lisitng that will attract many bidders.
1) Title: Your title is important as most of the information is attained from the title. For example if you are selling a Playstation 2, do not just write Playstation 2 or PS2 in the title, try and use all the characters allocated and detail your title, for example what is included in the bundle, condition of the item and so on. My example would be "Playstation 2 with 3 games and accessories, Mint Cond." Note that some words have to be abbreviated as you only have a limited title space.
2) If you want to spend a few pence extra use a subtitle to complete your description about your item.
3) Gallery picture: I usually put this as it show the picture of the item without the user having to click inside to view your picture. It also catches an eye and stands out from other listings. Many people do not use a gallery picture which is why your listing should stand out with this. Only use a gallery picture for items you want to be sold for at a good price.
4) Pictures: Pictures are important. it says everything about the item including condition and the way it looks. First picture is free. MAKE USE OF IT. Additional pictures are optional.
5) Item description: FORMAT YOUR ITEM DESCRIPTION WITH BOLD, UNDERLINE AND COLORS! DO NOT LEAVE IT AS ONE FONT AND ONE FORMAT. SHOW THAT YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT SELLING YOUR ITEM. A BORING LISTING COULD SUGGEST THAT THE ITEM IS NOT WORTH ANYTHING AND COULD DETTER BIDDERS! Add statements like "Please contact me for more details" and "Happy bidding". Make the bidder feel welcome.
6) Payment: This is entirely up to you but I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PAYPAL. As an ebayer myself I ONLY bid on items with paypal accept.
7) Postage: Although some people try and make money from postage, there is no rule that staes you cant. BUT BE REASONABLE WITH POSTAGE. If its costing you 5 pounds postage try adding some more on but dont be ridiculous and call for 15 or 20 pounds postage for a pack of pencils. Try and make out that the postage you are charging is FAIR and is suitable for the item you are posting.
8) DESIGNER LISTING: I never do this it is usually a waste of time and money if you are a small scale and private seller. Ideally if the item is worth of great value try adding a gallery picture and making your TITLE BOLD AND HIGHLIGHT WITH PURPLE BANNER OR FEATURED LISTING. But usually these help but it does not say no one will look at your listing if you do not have these.
As long as you followed steps 1-6 above you will have bidders.
MAKE YOUR LISTING LAST THE MAXIMUM TIME WHICH IS 10 DAYS. You will not get charged for keeping it up longer so might as well make use of it!!! Thats about it. If you build your selling startegies around this guide you will become a tycoon in no time. Try experimenting as the above tips will definately get you some serious bidders. Thanks for reading and good luck!