So, the solution to dressing your pear body type is to enhance and add volume (well it's kind of just an illusion of volume) to your upper body while emphasizing your waist and de-emphasizing your lower body to create a balanced, hourglass appearance
With tops, try these:
Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U neck
Embellishments around the bust and shoulders
Bright colors and bold patterns.
With your jeans/trouser/skirts try this (ONLY if you want to minimise your hips/and bum...) if you don't and you want your behind to stand out like 'pow,' then ignore this section and/or do the opposite.
Pants that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.
Avoid details and embellished pockets.
Lightly gathered skirts that skim your body without adding volume
Darker colors, clean lines and simple stitching.
Some useful facts for your shape:
- Spaghetti and embellished strappy tops are great for you
- Shoulderpads in jackets will help broaden your top half and balance out wider hips.
- Minimise wide hips with dark block colours on your bottom half. Dark bootcut jeans will elongate the legs and balance out hips.
- Showcase your fantastic small waist with a thin belt across the smallest part.
- If you need to, Pad out your bra. :-)
- If you want a few inches off then get yourself some support underwear.
- Look for skirts with front pleats. A-line skirts also work well as they make the waist look small, while skimming over the hips.
- Wear prom dresses - the circle skirt will hang from the waist to the knee area, creating a flattering A-shape.
Check out my other kinds guides for more fashion/style tips!