Here is a list of three easy steps to a sure fire way to a successful home based business re-selling merchandise.
1. DECIPHER ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SELL
Must be light weight
Lightweight items are cheap to ship. You want to keep shipping cost to a minimum. The main objective is to remain cost effective to keep your profit margin high, and cost low.
Don't choose something that is within a saturated market
- Find an item that not many other people are selling. Ideally you want to be the main source of supply. Eliminates competition for the sale.
Get it for cheap
- Find an item that is relatively cheap to invest in, and you can sell for a decent mark-up.
Relate it to stocks
- Buy low, sell high
2. BUY A DECENT AMOUNT OF STOCK AND MARKETING TOOLS
Set up your inventory
- Save a decent amount of money to enable yourself to start with a decent amount of stock. Depending on what you are selling $1k-3k is a good amount to start with.
The more inventory the better
- The more items you have for sale the more chances you have of making a sale. Make sure you have variety of items for sale but keep the theme of your store and products consistent.
- Buy a few marketing tools from Vistaprint Stickers, business cards, or thank you letters to put in packages when shipping out.
3. CREATE AN EBAY ACCOUNT
Think of a good name
- Your store name should be catchy, memorable, and cohesive with the theme of your products and store. Preferably easy to spell, perhaps a bit whimsical and fun.
Photograph your items well or hire a free lance product photographer
- Pictures are everything. They are what is going to inevitably sell your merchandise. Pictures are all buyers have to ultimately make their buying decisions besides what you put in the description. You want to make your item look as appealing as possible. Well lit, and revealing photos are essential, it well make your items sell.
List your items
- Now it is time to list your merchandise. Create very descriptive details and make your items sound good, even if they have a few flaws. List negatives with a few positives.
Sell and Ship!
- Once your items start selling, ship them as soon as possible. It will increase your selling rating which is vital to your ultimate success.