How To How To Wash Your Hair
Believe it or not, a lot of mistakes are made every day while simply washing the dust and dirt out of your hair. Here's what you need to know.
1. Hair should be saturated with water before applying shampoo. This is more important than you might realize.
2. The amount of shampoo used should be according to the length of your hair. Long hair should use only about a tablespoon. Shorter hair, obviously less.
3. Massage scalp to loosen the dead skin cells. This is often what becomes dandruff.
4. Rinse well. We don't spend enough time rinsing the soap from our hair. Be sure to check the hair line before you go on to the next step.
5. Apply conditioner and distribute to the ends. This is the oldest and most damaged area and needs all the help it can get. Try to leave the conditioner on your hair for about a minute.
6. Rinse if necessary. Be sure to check whether you are using a traditional conditioner or a leave in variety.
7. Squeeze as much water from your hair as possible.
8. Blot your hair with a towel to absorb excess water. Never rub as the cuticles can catch on the fibres causing more damage.
9. If time allows, allow hair to air dry.