Buyers are protected by eBay for Items Not Received .
It is up to the SELLER TO PROVIDE PROOF OF DELIVERY.
I recently had a problem with a Seller in regard to an item not received by eBays 'expected due delivery date'. I acted according to eBay rules and contacted the Seller asking when I should expect the delivery. The Seller confirmed it had been mailed so I opened an Item not Received Case as advised.
Then the Seller told me to take a sent email copy of their Postal Receipt, and that I should make a claim from the Post Office. I tried to explain that I was dealing through eBay policies and accordingly we both checked with our postal depots... However I got unpleasant, false, time wasting, veiled impotent threats etc. in communication from the Seller ...for example:
1) Telling me she would not refund me/ eBay would not require her to refund for an Item Not Received.
2) That as she had proof of mailing either of us could take the receipt to the Post Office and get a full refund - and she chose me.
3) Falsely accused me of asking for more than paid in regard to a refund,
4) Implied I was an excessive problematical buyer (- due to amicable refunds done with positive feedbacks left !)
5) Threatening to report me to eBay, Threatening to block me, Told me not to communicate any more etc.
6) Misquoted me multiple times.
7) Seller insisted they wanted nothing further to do with problem - I must apply for the repayment from the Postal Services.
I re read the eBay policy protecting Buyers and found that I was secure in regard to Items Not Received .That the Seller could not force me nor intimidate me to make a claim from her carriers/ the Postal Services with her receipt -as instructed/directed.
According to the eBay Buyer Protection Sellers have to have Proof of Delivery. (ie Tracking number)
This protects the Buyers from Non Performing Unscrupulous Sellers.
My Item WAS happily located - it had been misdirected by the carriers!
But Not a hassle-free pleasant transaction.
I am an Honest eBayer Buyer and understand there may be occasional problems but was VERY GLAD to know I am Protected by eBay Buyer Rules and Policies !
IF I PAY FOR AN ITEM AND DO NOT RECEIVE IT - I WILL GET A REFUND AND AM PROTECTED = SELLERS MUST HAVE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION