JAMES BOND CAR COLLECTION GUIDE TO RELEASES
FULL LIST NOW UPDATED .. UP TO ISSUE 134...
Started in 2006, issued every 2 weeks. first issue was £1.99, subsequent ones are £7.99.
is also sold in France and Australasia, apparently coming out in the USA too.
French price is €14.99 ,, very high compared to UK price at £7.99.. about £12 in France (exchange rate at 08/10).
Total of 105 cars planned including 3 specials that were only available to subscribers
However if you subscribed the chances of obtaining a perspex box that was in one piece were quite low.
best to order through your newsagent or buy mint boxed items from ebay if you are looking for mint mint.
FULL SET TO DATE IS 105 CARS see below at end APRIL 2010 last issue is 105.
UPDATE - full set is 122 at JUNE 2012
UPDATE - full set is 134 cars -2015 end
UPDATE ....ITS NOT THE END THEY HAVE STATED THE ISSUE AGAIN !!!!!!! price is now £9.99 in the UK
-Renault 11 topless/backless - VIEW TO A KILL, was supplied in the same format as other cars on a lettered base, hard plastic cover, over cover in soft clear plastic with cardboard base glued to cover.
-T55 tank - supplied in simple clear soft plastic packaging, no lettering.
-Little Nellie gyrocopter - supplied in clear soft plastic packaging, no lettering sealed to cardboard base - note the blades are folded and there is no pilot.
These 3 were not available in the newsagents.
Due to the series popularity the prices on these 3 items vary enormously, as when the issue is released in another country they have to run a production of the 3 cars for the promotion.
These 3 can be somewhat rare, they were limited in production so they will be rarer eventually.
Have seen the RENAULT taxi half car vary from just under £10 on ebay UK to about £30.
- DB5 - Goldfinger Swissroad, tyre slashers
- Aston Martin Vanquish - Die Another Day Ice palace exterior
- Lotus Esprit - The Spy Who Loved Me Underwater version
- BMW Z8 - The World Is Not Enough - with Saw
- Citroen 2CV - For Your Eyes Only Mountain road chase
- Jag XKR - Die Another Day Inside Ice Palace
- Toyota 2000 - You Only Live Twice Tokyo road, Tanaka's heli magnet, TV monitor
- Lotus Esprit Turbo - For Your Eyes Only Maroon Lotus in snowy mountains with Skis
- BMW Z3 - GoldenEye Cuba with Wade's plane
- Ferrari 355 - GoldenEye Cliff chase with DB5
- DB5 - Thunderball French chateau with oil cannons in exhausts
- Aston Martin DBS - On Her Majesty's Secret Service Beach,
- Mustang Mach 1 - Diamonds Are Forever Vegas Strip
- Aston Martin V8 - Vantage The Living Daylights Ice lake
- BMW 750i - Tomorrow Never Dies
- Lotus Esprit - The Spy Who Loved Me
- Sunbeam Alpine - Dr No Cliff chase
- Triumph Stag - Diamonds Are Forever Amsterdam bridges
- MGB - The Man With The Golden Gun Hong Kong
- Aston Martin DBS - Casino Royale r
- Mercury Cougar - On Her Majesty's Secret Service Race track beaten about
- Corvorado - Cadillac Eldorado
- Mercedes 250 SE - GENERAL ORLOV Octopussy
- Mini Moke - Live and let Die
- Aston Martin DB5 - factory chase Goldfinger - roof off
- LADA 1500 - split in 2 - the living daylights
- FORD THUNDERBIRD - JINX Die another Day
- AMC HORNET - MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
- TUK TUK taxi - Octopussy
- Ford Mustang convertible - Thunderball
- Moon Buggy - Diamonds are forever
- Mercedes 600 - OHMSS
- Chevrolet Bel Air - Dr NO
- RANGE ROVER - Tomorrow never dies.
- Ford Mustang - Goldfinger
- ZAZ 956A - Goldeneye
- Chevrolet Corvette - View to a Kill
- Maserati Biturbo 425 from Licence To Kill
- Lamborghini Diablo from Die Another Day
- Citroën Traction Avant from From Russia With Love
- Jaguar XJ8 from Casino Royale
- 1964 Ford Thunderbird from Goldfinger
- Chevrolet Nova Police Car from Live and Let Die
- AMC Matador Coupe from The Man with the Golden Gun
- Land Rover Series III from The Living Daylights
- Willys Jeep M606 from Octopussy
- FORD Fairlane - Die another day
- Lincoln Continental from Goldfinger
- Daimler Limousine from Casino Royale
- MP Lafer from Moonraker
- Range Rover Sport from Casino Royale
- Ford GT40 Die another day
- Renault 11 from A View to Kill (full car)
- Chevrolet Impala from Live and Let Die
- 1977 Dodge Monaco from A View to Kill
- 1965 Toyota Crown from You Only Live
- Ford Fairlane from Thunderball
- Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace
- Hispano-Suiza from Moonraker
- Ford Ka - Quantum of SOLACE
- Leyland Sherpa Van - Spy who loved me
- Mercedes S class - Tomorrow never dies
- ALFA ROMEO 159 Quantum of Solace
- Bentley 4 Litre - From Russia with Love
- Land Rover Defender 90 - The Living Daylights
- BMW 518 POLICE - Octopussy
- Land Rover Lightweight - Living Daylights
- Lotus Esprit Turbo - For Your eyes Only
- Aston MArtin V8 Vantage - The Living Daylights
- Daimler Super 8 - Quantum of Solace
- Austin Mini - OHMSS
- Audi 200 Quattro - The Living Daylights
- Alfa ROmeo GTV6 - Octopussy
- VW Beetle - OHMSS
- Ford Taunus - The Spy Who loved me
- FORD Ranchero Truck - Goldfinger
- Checker MArathon Cab - Live and let Die
- Mercedes Benz 220S - OMHSS
- Range Rover Sport - Quantum of Solace
- Gaz Volga - Goldeneye
- Beach Buggy - For Your eyes Only
- Q BOAT - For your eyes only
- Peugeot 504 - For your eyes only
- DRAGON TANK - Dr No
- Land Rover Defender
- Renault Fuego
- Cadillac Hearse
- Ford Anglia - Doctor No
- Acrostar - Octopussy
- Ford Edge - Quantum of Solace
- La Salle HEarse
- Osprey Hovercraft
- Binz Ambulance
- Kawasaki Z900
- Chevrolet C10 Ambulance
- Rolls Royce Pahntom 3
- Rolls Royce Silver Shdow
- Range Rover Convertible
- Ford Crown Victoria
- Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II
- BONDOLA (Gondola)
- Ford Bronco II
- Ford Country Squire
- Ford Consul
- Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II
- Ford Econoline
- Chevrolet Impala
- Aston Martin DB5 - Quantum of Solace
- Ford Thunderbird
- Mercedes Benz 220
- VAZ 2016 POlice
- Austin FX4 taxi - black cab
- Austin Cambridge taxi
- Mercedes Benz 220S
- Lada Vaz 2105
- LINCOLN CONTINENTAL LIMOUSINE
- Mercedes-Benz 450 SEL
- GAZ VOLGA M-24
- DODGE M-43 AMBULANCE - Available august 2012
- Plymouth Savoy taxi From Russia.
- Chevrolet Bel Air Live and Let Die
- Dodge Ram Licence to Kill
- Chevrolet Apache C30 From Russia with Love
- Dodge M43 ambulance Goldfinger
- Morris Minor 1000 Thunderball
- Ford Ranch Wagon From Russia with Love
- Wales & Edwards Rangemaster milk float The Living Daylights
- Chevrolet Bel Air police car Live and Let Die
- Lincoln Continental convertible Goldfinger
- Aston Martin DB5 Skyfall
- Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow Moonraker
This collection contains lots of cars that have not been modelled before, its a nice cheap way to collect a very full representation of James Bond cars. Im pretty sure the TUK TUK. Mini Moke, Split LADA, Corvorado, Merc 250Se, Merc 600, ZAZ-986A, Willys Jeep, Land Rover, Citroen and loads more havent been seen before as a 1/43 James Bond model. .. please correct me if im wrong.
The cars are made by UH (Universal Hobbies) in China, and to be quite honest they're not bad for the price you are asked to pay for them.
They are so much better than what Corgi is offering at the moment from their James Bond collection, and so much cheaper than what Minichamps offers.
The list above shows current releases. Most are available on ebay. It is said that this series will finish at number 55 .. this was originally 40.. we are now at 47 (at October 22 2008), now at 59 (April 2009) .. planned for 70 ! now at 85 (May 2009).. now 95 August 2010.....now 105 April 2011... 2012 - now 118 CARS ...August 2012 - 122 cars
now 134 issues and ended.
I noticed that there is a stream of cars coming in from Hong Kong, unboxed, i have to assume they came out of the factory back door. Sometimes you were able to obtain the next (unsealed/unboxed) model weeks before its UK release. they are still available however are unboxed and not on the normal bases if any base atall..
things to watch out for when buying ..
- Broken plastic boxes .. due to the way these items are delivered .. sometimes in jiffy bubble bags !!!! .. they can suffer cracks .. make sure your seller packs it in a box.. or that you are aware and the seller states there is a crack in the box in the auction.
- Missing parts - sometimes the parts fall off or are missing .. have seen db5 and Toyota 2000 with no spinners and 250 se with wheels fallen off if you talk nicely to the manufacturer they will actually help you out.. possibly even send you a new one.
- Reversed boxes - the base of the box is put on the wrong way and the name of the car and film canot be seen .. this is a production finishing fault.
- Sealed- non sealed !! - Items are normally sealed in a white cardboard base and clear plastic cover, its up to you .. will hold value better if sealed .. ie guaranteed not handled .... from my selling experiences non sealed command lower prices than sealed.
- Magazines.. delivered with and without ... do you really want them .. theres so much literature out there about Bond. Some sellers are selling the mags on their own.. chance to pick up really cheap.
- SHIPPING .. very important .. get your seller to ship it to you in a box !!! .. the plastic cover breaks very easily.
It really is a very nice collection and im sure it will appreciate in value in years to come ...