I have been selling jewellery at craft fairs for a number of years and thought id share a few of my tips.
1) Have a mirror so potential customers can try on jewellery etc
2) To save time or during quiet periods,pop a business card in each bag or gift box etc
3) Have some hypo allergenic ear wires,should a customer have a nickel or other allergy
4) Take some beads,wire etc and do a project during quieter periods,customers love to see you at work
5) Dont have your displays to fussy and cluttered,keep it organised and clean
6) Create height in your display easily,by popping some boxes underneath your table covering to create height
7) Have a bowl or basket or beads etc for kiddies to browse through whilst mum shops,i have a large bowl of varying beads,i tell the children its treasure and can you find the brightest bead,they love looking through all the differnt shapes,sizes,mediums and colurs of the beads.
8) Know your stuff- make sure you can give an accurate description of say the gemstones in a piece,or the components used
9) Talk and interact with potential customers,NO HEAD PHONES,NO BOOK READING,NO EATING,NO TALKING TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR,whilst a customer is at your table.
10) Have your tools to hand be if possible you can re size a bracelet etc to fit
11) Have your website address on show and plenty of cards
12) An option where customers can subscribe to your email list,they may not have money to spend today,but that doesnt mean they wouldnt buy in the future.
13) Dont be offended by a buyer that wants to haggle
14) Plenty of small change and refreshments
15) MOST IMPORTANTLY DONT FRET AND HAVE FUN