LED BULBS SAFETY AND LIFETIME WARNING

Like if this guide is helpful
I like the idea of LED bulbs but they are a bit pricey still.
 
So far I have bought two types of LED bulb, (we have 230V mains here) and had the following results.
1 of them failed after a month or two of intermittent use, certainly not the 50,000 hours I was lead to expect!

And on Friday last I received an electric shock running from the hand that was removing the bulb to the other hand which was earthed. 
A potentially fatal design flaw.

IF you can see little metal bits around each individual LED you have one of the affected bulbs.
If it's all plasticky and you can see no tiny bits of metal or wiring at all, then it isn't.
 
SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.
*Edit* They seem to get dimmer with use, and are not as durable as CFL bulbs. At least not the two types I bought.
Cheers, Steve C.
Have something to share? Create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides