Ingredients- 2 lumps of loaf sugar dissolved with a little hot water.
- One wine glass of Jamaica rum.
Fill balance with hot water. Mix well with a spoon and grate a little nutmeg.
Making a Tom and Jerry
Ingredients- Five pounds sugar
- 12 eggs
- Half wine glass Jamaica rum
- One and a half teaspoonful of ground cinnamon
- Half teaspoonful of ground cloves
- Half teaspoonful of ground allspice
Beat the white of the eggs to a stiff froth, and the yolks until they are as thin as water.
Next mix together and add the spice and rum.
Thicken with sugar until the mixture has the consistency of a light batter.
How to Serve a Tom and Jerry to Your Guests
Take a small bar glass, and to one tablespoonful of the above mixture add one wine glass of brandy.
Fill the glass with boiling water and grate a little nutmeg on top, then serve.