On the moneysavingexpert web site there are posts related to making your dvd player multi-region to save money with full advice
from martin and co on where to look for information on how to do this. I followed the advice found at AVforums.com and it
worked for me, but only once I unplugged all other Sony devices leaving only the TV itself and the dvd player plugged in.
To make your BDPS580 OR BDPS350 etc, MULTI REGION using a one for all 7562 or 3440 remote control.
I personally used a one for all 7562 remote control for this, with new batteries installed::::::
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 000533
4. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 001891 (this sets key 1 – the DVD button flashes twice)
8. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 002552 (this sets key 2 – the DVD button flashes twice)
12. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
15. Press 000953 (this sets key 3 – the DVD button flashes twice)
16. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
19. Press 002214 (this sets key 4 – the DVD button flashes twice)
20. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
23. Press 000795 (this sets key 5 – the DVD button flashes twice)
Done - the remote is now programmed and ready to use
1. Now to make your player region free use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring it out of standby and wait while HOME is displayed
2. Make sure there isn't a disc in the machine.
3. Now on the OneforAll remote press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The blue 24p light on the player will start flashing)
4. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
5. That’s it, the next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback
The original posting of this hack is from avforums. This hack works using a One For All 7562 remote or the One For All URC-3440 remote. It works on the Sony BDPS580 and the Sony BDPS350, however it may work on the other BDPS models too, it definitely works on the S580 (the model I own).
IMPORTANT:::::Remember to unplug your other Sony devices (apart from the TV) as the hack didn't work for me as stated in my previous post when I had all my sony stuff connected to the mains. Once I unplugged everything else leaving just the dvd player and tv on this hack worked fine on the first go!!!
PLEASE NOTE:: full credit for this information goes to the people on AVforums.com uk. It is there I originally found the post related to my dvd player, to view the original post and my comments on it there go to AVForums.com. My member name is ninjacat and you will see my comments on the post there next to that name.
Hope this helps someone,