You want it adjustable. You want it handy. And most of all, you want it clean!!!
Well, I just bought the Prima Pappa highchair by Mamas & Papas (Peg Perego) and I must say I'm thrilled with its' practicality and value for money:
- It folds: You can fold it away when you don't need it and save space
- It is height-adjustable: You can place the seat between 5 different height positions (highest is about dining table high, lowest is about sofa low)
- It reclines: You can recline it in 3 different positions, which is very handy especially if you are just starting weaning your baby (where you usually need it reclined, so you can feed it with the spoon easier). This feature makes it exceptionally practical for babies under 5 months, which cannot take a steady seat position on their own.
- Table is extendable and can be taken off completely: You can extend the table as your baby grows, and you can take it off completely if you just want to have your baby by your side at the kitchen table.
- The footrest can be folded away: if your baby is too small you don't need it in the way.
- Table has separate top tray which is not easy for the baby to take off: Most highchairs feature a tray for the table (it makes cleaning the mess afterwards much easier), however the trays in most of them (such as Chicco and others) do not cling unto the table in a safe way, which makes it easy for the baby to move around (or even take it off completely). The tray in this one clings with a latch unto the table, which makes it impossible for the baby to move it.
- It has swivel wheels and brakes in the back wheels: You can move it, lull you baby back and forth in it, roll it, stop it and drive it around the house with the ease only prams can offer!
- Padded comfy washable seat: The seat has a puffy comfy padded surface, that embraces the baby in a very comfortable way. Plus, the surface material is synthetic (toxic free) which means that you can leave your little one make all the mess it wants and then brush everything away with a damp cloth!
Cons? I can't think of any!