NISSAN PRIMASTAR IS ONE OF OUR HIGHEST SELLING POWER STEERING PUMPS.
- THEY FAIL PREMATURELY DUE TO:
- THE FAN BELT SNAPS & TRAPS BEHIND THE PULLEY, WHERE THERE IS A PLASTIC NYLON SEAL & IT BURNS IT OUT, THIS IN TURN ALLOW THE PUMP TO LEAK POWER STEERING FLUID & PRESSURE IS COMPLETLEY LOST.
- ALSO A SECOND FAULT IS SOMETIMES DUE TO THE CIRCULAR STEEL BACK PLATE BLOWING OFF AWAY FROM THE MAIN PUMP CASE, WHICH IS ALL HELD TOGETHER WITH A CIRCULAR SURCLIP RING.
- BECAUSE THE MAIN CASE IS MADE OF ALLOY ALUMINIUM AND THE BACK PRESSURE PLATE IS MADE OF STEEL AND THE RING ALSO IS MADE OF STEEL. These two metal and alloy just dont go together & after a number of yrs along with lots of rainwater from the road surface, a chemical reaction takes place and corrodes the steel surclip ring away from the alloy case.
- Hence the pressure plate blows off then all of the internal workings of the pump smash up/burn out !
- This deems the pump totally scrap and not repairable from a basic garage / mechanic point of view & without all the knowledge/ test equipment/ new internal parts/ engineering machineery etc.
- We replace all the internal vain set for brandnew and shot blast the case along with many more engineering spec to ensure the pump does die prematurely again.
- Also we test on our functional test bench which was purpose built to simulate the pump actually being on the vehicle in question, & we take it from lock > lock to an higher pressure than manufaturers specifications.
- Hence we give a min of 12 mnths warranty.
- There are x 3 different variants for this pump and it is only down to the pulley type, so if you would like to purchase one from us please call our sales/helpline number before ordering on ebay.
- Please have your registration number available so we can get all the details/ numbers from our DVLA DATA BASE SEARCH ENGINE !
- THIS WILL ENABLE US TO GET THE CORRECT PUMP FOR YOUR VEHICLE TO YOU FIRST TIME !!
- Thankyou for finding time to read our BASIC guide on this pump ?
- IF YOU NEED MORE HELP /ADVISE OR ASSISTANCE, THEN PLEASE CALL US & OUR STAFF WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP !