I've traded successfully with E-bay up until now but have just put my daughters mobile phone up for sale over the last 7 days. It was apparent from day 1 that all was not normal:
1. The bids started coming in straight away and the prices were strangely large for such early bidding
2. All bidders had no feedback.
3. We got e-mails written in bad English from people trying to get us to buy phones
4. At end of bidding, the price was exceptionally high - very tempting to sell. Surprise, surprise - winning bidder wanted it shipped to Nigeria.
5. Future tips - stipulate no Nigerian bidders, all bidders must have feedback of 10+