Mailing & Courier bags are designed for protecting products and delivery of those products. Plastic mailing bags are lightweight, saves money on postage and water resistant. Mailing bags are mainly made from paper or plastic. Nowadays, most plastic mailing bags are made of Polyolefin's and they are either mono or co-extruded.
TYPES OF MAILING BAGS TO SUIT APPLICATIONS
- Economy lightweight postal mailers: Economy range for simple but effective protection - plain and coloured mailers plus the Maillite range with a pre-printed address window. The cheapest way to send literature to your customers and staff and much lighter than paper envelopes.
- Blue opaque mail-order goods bags: A range of good value strong bags ideal for 'mail order' sales. Ideal for garments and a myriad of online or catalogue products. The bags are an attractive opaque metallic blue and are strong without being too thick and so expensive. A best seller line for eBay and PayPal customers selling their products on-line.
- Heavy duty postal mailers: Thicker opaque mailers in a strong co-extruded material where you need to be sure that the mailer can withstand some rough handling in transit.
- Large heavy duty courier sacks: Massively popular range of large and very large courier sacks with double seals. It is tough quality !
- Metallic high impact silver mailers: 'Premium Quality' metallic silver mailing envelopes - ideal for high impact mailings.
- Security mailers: Extra thick (360 gauge) white opaque mailers with a Tamper Evident Sealing Strip. The welds have a side skirt as well to give extra security to the package - for that top secret document!
- Tamper evident mailers: Range of tamper evident bags available in clear as well as opaque for when bag contents need to be identified.
- Superlight bubble mailers: The lightest protective envelope on the market today ! The stock range comes in white and silver sizes - waterproof too!
- Featherpost 'jiffy style' padded mailers: The standard paper padded envelope with a self seal strip for closure. This range is bubble lined rather than pulp filled so whilst being padded to protect contents they are also very light.
- Document enclosed envelopes: Adhesive backed pouches to give your despatch a professional look - adhere directly onto boxes or pallets with an extremely strong tack adhesive.
- Paper feel plastic envelopes: A plastic envelopes with the feel of paper (but much stronger and waterproof of course).
BENEFITS OF MAILING BAGS
- Mailing bags protect your product
- Mailing bags look professional
- Mailing bags are attractive - can be custom printed in large quantities
- Mailing bags are available in many sizes types, styles, and with different types of cushioning
- Mailing bags are useful for fragile items
- Mailing bags are reusable
- Mailing bags are customer friendly
COMMON APPLICATION OF POLYTHENE MAILING BAGS
Mailing products such as:
- Mail order: catalogues/e-com fulfillment/pharmacies (prescription drugs)
- Premium/Incentive fulfillment/Advertising/Direct marketing
- Office products catalogues & wholesalers
- Government - local, state, federal and lotteries
- Mail room applications
- Printed materials
- Diagnostic specimens
- Evidence containment
- Courier envelopes
- Art & Photography
- Audio / Visual / Computer Media
- Book Distribution
- Clothing & Jewelry
- Cosmetics / Toiletries
- Electronics / Computer Parts
- Industrial & Electrical Parts
- Medical / Pharmaceutical / Dental
- Office Supplies
- Printed Material
- Samples, Promotional Items
Saving ££ on postage cost
Packaging fragile items
Multitude of industry applications
HINTS WHEN PURCHASING POLYTHENE MAILING AND COURIER BAGS
- Choose the correct style and size for your specific needs.
- Decide whether you want a lip on the bag or even a lip and tape closure.
- Check to see if there other styles or types of mailing bags that might solve your shipping needs.
- Make sure your bag is big enough to hold your product so that the seams do not split.
- Make sure that your bag is strong enough so that it can handle the weight or your product. Remember that if your bag rips, your product could be damaged
Options for Mailing & Courier bags
- Clear or Coloured
- Plain or Printed
- Mailing envelopes with write on panels
- Mailing envelopes with self seal - peel off strip for a permanent seal
80 Gauge(20microns) to 1000 Gauge(250microns)
Common materials used for Mailing bags:
- Plastics - Low density polythene, High density polythene, Nylon, Vinyl and Metallocene
- Recycled plastic or paper mailing bags
- Biodegradable mailing bags
Normally, Plastic Mailing bags/courier bags in Great Britain should follow widely accepted industrial standards according to British Standard – see BS7344, 1990
- Width: Plus or minus 3mm (0.125”) or 2% whichever is greater
- Length: Plus or minus 6mm (0.25”) or 2% whichever is greater
- Gauge: Plus or minus 10%