Many Lacoste shirts on Ebay are fakes, but there are the few that are authentic.
How to spot Authentic Lacoste Polo Shirts from fakes:
- Have a Devanlay Care Tag inside the bottom left corner of the shirt.
- Have a Crocodile on the left breast of the shirt, facing outward.
- Have a placket with 2 buttons and the buttons have 2 holes, rather than four.
- Are designed in France and made in Peru by Devanlay.
- Have a European size number, for example: 4 (small), 5 (medium), etc.
- Run small to fit.
- For men, polos are 100% cotton.
- Do NOT say Lacoste on the buttons of the polo shirts.
- Have an open hem at the bottom of the shirt, unlike Ralph Lauren polos that have vented hems.
- Tags for short sleeve solid color shirts are listed as $72 and $85 for striped shirts (unlike many fakes that are listed at $79).
For the record, when buying authentic Lacoste Polo Shirts make sure the Crocodiles are sewn on straight and are bought from a US or European citizen (do not trust shirts that come from China etc. They are more than likely fakes). Make sure you follow all of the guidelines I listed above.