A guide for changing the housing on the W810i mobile phone by Sony Ericsson. This is an easy change to do and you will need two different screwdrivers, a Torx T6 screwdriver (available from us) and a Philips (standard cross-head bit).
1) Remove the battery cover, battery and sim card.
2) Use the Philips screwdriver to undo the two screws holding the back in. Keep the screws safe because you will need them again.
3) Using a slim plastic shim or fingernails you can remove the back cover.
4) The Torx screws will now be exposed on the back of the phone, these are in each corner. Use the Torx screwdriver to remove these. Again, keep the screws safe because you will need them again.
5) This enables the front housing to be lifted off. Using a plastic shim, gently seperate it from the chassis (it is easier to start at the bottom). Ease the shim around the side of the phone once one part has been lifted, and this will allow the whole front to clip off.
6) Replace the front with the new one. It should firmly clip into place.
7) Replace the Torx T6 screws on the back.
8) Replace back cover and secure with the Philips screws.
9) Replace battery cover and battery.
If you are changing the chassis too - the procedure is the same, but after removing the front, you will need to use the Torx to remove the screws on the front of the phone (1 in each corner). This will release the PCB which can then be transferred to the new chassis.