Screwdriver Tip Configurations:
Slotted: Standard or flat for driving single slotted screws. Tip width ranges from 1/6" to 1/2".
Phillips: Designed specifically for use with Phillips head screw, which has two recessed slots at right angles to each other. Sizes range from 0 point (small) to 4 point (large).
Pozidriv: Similar to Phillips style, the screw can be identified by additonal lines on the face. Sizes range from 1 point (small) to 3 point (large).
Square head: Square tip, used in mobile homes, recreational vehicles and industrial applications. Sizes range from 1 point (small) to 3 point (large).
Torx: Star shaped, used in the automotive industry. Sizes range from T-10 (small) to T-30 (large).
Follow these tips when using screwdrivers:
- Never use a screwdriver as a cold chisel, or for prying, punching, chiseling, scoring or scraping.
- Make sure the tip fits the slot of the screw; not too loose or tight.
- Never expose a screwdriver wo excessive heat or cold.
- Always discard a screwdriver with a worn or broken handle.
- Never use a screwdriver on a workpiece held in your hand. A slip could cause serious injury.
- Never depend on a screwdrivers' handle or covered blade to insulate you from electricity.
- Vinyl covered blades are intended only as a protective measure against shorting out components.
Taken from Stanley Tips area of Rapidonline website.