THE ASPARTAME DIET SUGAR FREE FOODS SCANDAL - PART 2

Views 4 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this guide is helpful

THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF PART 1 OF MY GUIDES ON ASPARTAME. PLEASE SEE THAT GUIDE AS WELL, THANKS.

The Aspartame (Nutrasweet), Methanol and Formaldehyde Connection

Did you know that aspartame turns into methanol and formaldehyde when heated? Were you also aware that the American Diabetes Association (ADA) supports the use of aspartame (NutraSweet®) as an acceptable replacement for sugar for people with diabetes? This is despite the fact that aspartame has generated the largest volume of consumer reports (75% of them) describing adverse reactions.

To me, this means the ADA is not willing to look at healthier alternatives to sugar and aspartame, such as whole food alternatives like stevia. The ADA's official statement reads: "The American Diabetic Association considers aspartame—as well as the other FDA-approved non nutritive sweeteners (saccharin, acesulfame k and sucralose)—acceptable sugar substitutes and a safe part of a diabetic meal plan." Interestingly, Monsanto (producer of NutraSweet®) donates $250,000 a year to the ADA and is a Platinum Corporate Sponsor.

But worse is the FDA's support of aspartame. Aspartame can be found in breath mints, gum, cereals, frozen desserts, coffee, juice, synthetic vitamins, pharmaceutical drugs, tea, wine coolers, yogurt supplements, and of course, diet soft drinks.

That doesn't sound so bad until you meet people who have linked their health problems to aspartame consumption.

Aside from all the political and scandalous implications behind the supposed "safety" of aspartame, it's equally appalling that Monsanto's commercial brags that 200 million people are now consuming NutraSweet® in more than 4,000 different products. Don't think for a minute that they cannot afford the best lawyers and lobbyists to keep their product "legally safe," despite rising evidence to the contrary.

For example: A review of 164 studies on the safety of aspartame conducted by Ralph G. Walton, M.D., Chairman of the Center for Behavioral Medicine and Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, revealed that 100% of the 74 industry-sponsored studies of aspartame claimed that no problems were found.

However, he also found that of the 90 studies funded by non-aspartame industry money, 92% identified one or more serious health problems. And if you consider that the remaining 8% of the studies (which found no problems with aspartame) were FDA-sponsored and not really independent, it means that in reality, 100% of the independent studies found serious health problems with aspartame!

Incidentally, a number of FDA officials were hired by the aspartame industry immediately following the FDA's approval of aspartame use in the food industry, including the former FDA Commissioner.

You should eliminate aspartame from your diet—especially if you are experiencing these symptoms:

Headaches, Nausea, Vertigo,Hearing Loss, Tinnitus, Insomnia,
Numbness of  Extremities, Depression Blindness,
Eye Problems,Memory Loss, Seizures, Blurred Vision,
Slurred Speech Skin Lesions Chest Pain, Mild to Suicidal Personality, Changes Muscle Cramps, Abnormal Heart
Rhythm,Mood Changes Joint, Pain Edema,
Hyperactivity,(child or adult) Fatigue, Gastrointestinal Disorders,
Anxiety Attacks, PMS, Increased Appetite,Menstrual Irregularities

While you may not be able to eliminate Nutrasweet from everything you consume (considering its widespread use in medicines) go as far as you can toward that goal to ensure you don't experience serious health problems!

See the following website for more links and information on

aspartame.com

Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides