Make one thing clear at first that TomTom Go720 and Go720t are same devices only difference is that "t/traffic" edition comes with TMC receiver as part of package and other without. But you can still buy the TMC receiver later and attach to your Go720.
TMC receiver receives traffic updates and inform you of any problems in your route and gives you option of re-routing to avoid delays. It is really useful and works.
TMC receiver receives traffic updates via radio signals same an ordinary radio and converts those signals so that TomTom can understand them and update you. This services is free as are other radio channels so don't be fooled by adds of offering you 'free for life' subscription to these updates.
Here are few features of TomTom Go 720 that I'd like to mention
- A wide touch screen
- Quality loud speaker
- Built-in Bluetooth to work with your mobile as hands free. You can not only receive calls via TomTom but can also make calls too. There is option of coping contact numbers from you phone's contact book to TomTom 720.
- It has built-in 2 GB memory for maps and other data + there is SDHC slot. This means that you can add huge memory such as 8Gb for less than £30.
- TomTom 720 had built-in mp3 player. You can listen to your music while it is also leading you to your destination. Volume of songs automatically mutes while TomTom gives any instruction or you receive/make a call.
- There is option of using your car speakers via tuner. TomTom can broadcast audio signals.
- It works fast.
- You can always update your TomTom for free using software provided.
- You can correct your maps for example raods thoese does not exist any more, or not in TomTom database any many other options.
Buy it you'll love it.