1. Try and look for comic bundles, usually there are some valuable comics which the seller might not know about.
2. Always bid, try not to buy straight away as you could get it at just a fraction of the price
3. Check the condition of the comic and even message the seller regarding the comic, one man's mint is
another near mint.
4. Go for graded copies, these are often more expensive but will be worth much more in the future. This will also give you a definite measure of which know the condition the comic is in.
5. Look for vintage copies, these are older copies and are harder to come by. This also means that they are rarer and worth more.
6. Don't be confined to online shopping, go to your local car boot sale or comic shop and see what bargains come up there, you never know what you can find.
7. Go for comics which are being made into films, good films gain the characters popularity and the comic
8. Try to buy first issues e.g. the simpson #1 and have them graded. The same comic was graded at 10.0
and sold for over $1000 on ebay.
9. Look for sellers nearby, this way you will be able to go and view the item before you buy. This might also give you the chance to learn a little more about the comic.
10. Use websites such as www.comicspriceguide.com to give you an estimate of your collections value and
understand how much you should be paying for each comic.