The sterling silver fineness stamp of 925

Views 4 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this guide is helpful
The sterling silver standard of 925 indicates that the silver content must be 92.5% pure silver. The remaining 7.5% will be an alloy, usually copper which is added to give the silver strength whilst at the same time maintaining the natural beauty of the precious metal. 99.9% pure silver is generally regarded as too soft to use effectively in jewellery.

925 is the stamp normaly found on Balinese silver jewellery which indicates the purity of the silver in the hand crafting of the piece. All of our Bali jewellery is to the fineness standard of 925.


Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides