Tired of the same old New Year's Eve Party? Here are some great ideas to create a themed New Year's party that everyone will talk about for months.
Theme your food with one of these 5 party food ideas.
- Movie Theme Night - Choose a movie and use foods that are highlighted in it. Serendipity frozen hot chocolate, anyone? Breakfast at Tiffany's?
- Fried Foods - Everyone bring an ingredient to deep fry. How creative can you get? Vegetables? Cheese? Cake?
- Fondue Dish - Have guests bring a fondue pot and a favourite fondue food.
- 5 Food Groups - Want to kick off a new year of good resolutions? Have fun and make the party food '5 food groups' themed with tips for filling your plate with healthy and delicious food.
Themed decor can be a fun addition to the party feel. From classy to tacky, here are some decor ideas.
- Tacky Glitter and Shine - Party hats, noisemakers, confetti, and paper streamers make the perfect tacky party.
- Glitz and Glam - If you're low on crystal, get some cheap crystal candle holders, strings of pearls, and black tablecloths for a perfect black tie event.
- Healthy Resolutions -Take the top popular resolutions and theme your decor around them. Produce centrepiece, weights, DVDs and fitness equipment make decor that gets people thinking.
To favour or not to favour, that is the question. If you want to give people a favour to remember, here are some ideas to make it fun and welcome your New Year.
- Picture Frames - Adults can get crafty too. Buy plain wooden picture frames and have a game where each couple decorates it together. Lots of glitter, sequins and paint can make for a fun crafty evening with a dash of New Year's shine.
- Photo Booth - Create a photo booth that fits the theme and take pictures with phones. Challenge people to have fun with it then judge the photos by category: serious, silly, etc.
- Party Poppers
Ring in the New Year
There are so many ways to ring in the New Year. Here are just a few different ideas.
- Noisemakers - Almost everyone loves to make a little noise. Grab some pan lids or fun noisemakers.
- Bubbles - Buy the plain little favour bubbles and wrap glittery ribbon around them. Live in an apartment or have sleeping children? This is a quiet way to welcome the new year.
- Champagne - Don't risk the glass. Buy plastic champagne glasses for a low maintenance midnight toast.