Transitioning from a summer wardrobe to a fall one without sacrificing style can be frustrating. Many women do not have the means or the time to purchase an entire set of new clothes, yet they want to update their look for the new season. The key is choosing investment pieces, which can work for more than one season, and knowing which accessories to pair them .
1. Invest in a pair of tall suede boots---a must-have fall staple that works for both day and nighttime looks. Pair them with a pencil skirt or dress for work. For a night out on the town, wear them over a pair of skinny jeans or leggings, which easily tuck inside the boots.
2. Drape a scarf loosely around your neck. Aside from keeping you warm, scarves are a great way to add some color, pattern and texture to an outfit.
3. Find a well-fitting collared shirt. Wear it by itself or underneath sweaters and blazers, with the collar peeking out, for a put-together, professional look.
4. Accessorize with a belt decorated with jewels or chains. Whether you use it to hold up your jeans or wear it on top of a sweater or a dress, it will be a beautiful center piece of your outfit.
5. Keep a beret handy for bad hair days, rain or the season's first snowfall. Pin a jeweled brooch in an off-center position to make the beret a little more interesting.
To Dress Cute for the Fall Season
Views Comments Comment
23 August 2011
Have something to share, create your own guide... Write a guide
Explore more guides