I just wanted to give my personal top 10 tarot cards.
Hope this helps anybody who is looking for tarot cards but not sure which ones are best.
- Original Rider Waite Deck - this has to be one of the most popular decks I have come across. This deck was originally published in 1910, devised by A E Waite and drawn by Pamela Coleman Smith. This also comes in a Tarot set with deck & book.
- The Gilded Tarot - this is one of my personal favourites and is one of the most beautiful decks I have ever seen. Everyone should have this deck. Heralding archetypal elements of traditional Tarot, The Gilded Tarot is teeming with shimmering, classic imagery. High priestesses in flowing robes, wise emperors, knights on majestic steeds, mystics wielding magical tools, and other intriguing characters from medieval times abound in the Major and Minor Arcana. This richly coloured, easy-to-use deck also features standard symbols for the card suits swords, cups, wands, and pentacles which provide universal appeal. Comes as a set with a 168 page book. Authors - Ciro Marchetti/Barbara Moore.
- Spirit of the Flowers Deck - this deck is a Lo Scarabeo deck so comes in different languages, english being the main one with german, spanish, french & italian. The images are delicate, lovely, enchanting. They quietly draw you close. Suddenly, you are struck by the power and strength of each card. Just as the heady perfume of a perfect blossom can transport you back in time to a pleasant memory or to a place of poetic dreaminess, these flower spirits can take you to another realm. Let them help you to divine mysteries and open your mind to beautiful possibilities for the future. Excellent also for children. By Lo Scarabeo. Author - Laura Tuan.
- The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Set - this is a very popular deck & book set. The book addresses issues that have frequently puzzled tarot card readers, including how the tarot works, the role of the unconscious mind in reading the tarot and the meanings of all the cards. Specific combinations of cards relating to love, finance, health and travel are also included as well as a spread sheet for performing ancient ten-card readings of the past, present and future. Author - Mary Hanson-Roberts.
- Art Nouveau Tarot Deck - Rich, bold colors bring Matt Myer's beautiful cards to life. The images include dramatic characters and objects set against stained-glass backgrounds. Author - Matt Myers.
- Fairy Tarot Deck - Distant relatives of the gnomes, the fairies are very playful beings who carry out naughty jokes at times. The fairies however also like to help humans in very practical ways...like through these cards. The Fairy Tarot is actually enchanted: it allows reality to be confronted using a positive attitiude, it helps play down all kinds of trouble and easily overcome problems objectively. By Lo Scarabeo. Author - Antonio Lupatelli.
- The Sharman-Caselli Deck - The Sharman-Caselli Deck was first published as part of the Beginner's Guide To the Tarot with a 192-page instruction book, and is now released as a deck-alone for the first time. It results from a close collaboration between experienced tarot tutor Juliet Sharman-Burke and internationally acclaimed artist Giovanni Caselli. The deck depicts traditional symbolism and Caselli's art is perfect for those using the tarot for the first time. Authors - Juliet Sharman-Burke & Giovanni Caselli.
- Tarot of Metamorphosis - Like light reflected in a crystal, reality sends us back infinite transformations of itself, woven into an eternal dance at times joyful, at times painful. Accepting the idea of continous change means renewing oneself day by day. The Tarot of Metamorphosis is a key for helping us achieve this new vision of the world. By Lo Scarabeo. Author - Massimiliano Filadoro.
- Dragons Tarot Deck - The figure of the Dragon, an image of primitive force and power, is present in the imagination of all civilizations, in different forms and representations. These myths are interpreted in this deck with an iconography that recalls Africa, Asia, America, Europe and Oceania. By Lo Scarabeo.
- Animals Divine Tarot Deck - The deck itself is a breath of fresh air. First, the reverse colour of the deck is a pale yellow with a gold stamped design of three flying birds and a triple spiral, reminiscent of Celtic designs. Very attractive and a much needed relief from the dark or black reverses on many decks. It sets the theme for the rest of the deck. Bright, Colourful and airy is the description to give to the overall look of the deck. Author - Lisa Hunt.
Well, I hope this has helped any of you who were wondering which deck to purchase.
We have over 100 tarot items, you can visit our shop at